Monday, June 22, 2015

May 20th, 2015 Out of Zanzibar, Tanzania

May 20th, 2015

6:30AM I woke and my driver was here at 7AM, about 30 minutes late. We drove for more than 1 hour to the dolphin tour. I borrowed some shorts, masks and fins for 5000 TZS. I couldn't touch a dolphin after 4 dives, and only saw one 30 feet away. I also paid 50 KES for the shower.
10AM We were back and I went ahead for the city tour. It was a young man. I went and paid a 3000 TZS entrance fee for the slavery chambers. We then toured the market until we ended at the fort.


Swim with Dolphins

1PM After the tour was finished, I walked to the left and saw someone offering tours to the prisoner's island. I negotiated a little bit for 15 USDs, without entrance fees. A guy said okay but then switched when we were in the middle of the ocean. He wanted 2000 TZS more and I okayed it. We toured the tortoise island, with a view at the prison, which really had nothing. We went back and got back at 3.













Lunch

3:30PM My driver was waiting for me. I toured the city for another 15 minutes and left for the airport.





Slave chambers


Fish market











Tortoise at Prison Island





Prisoner's island







Taxi driver

5PM I flew to Dar es Salaam. It was a small airplane and I arrived at the airport. However, I found that the international airport was about 3 kilometers away. I asked the captain who flew me and he found someone to drive me to the international terminals. I met this Korean military person who just got engaged. I noticed when I saw his military backpack. We talked about Iraq and private vigilantes hired for private companies.




10PM Swiss port flew me to Zurich.























No comments:

Post a Comment