Monday, June 22, 2015

May 17th, 2015 Kigali, Rwanda

May 17th, 2015

4:30AM Someone not Jackson picked me up at 4:30AM.  It took 2 hours to drive to the bottom of the mountain.
6AM I couldn't get them to take 150 USDs like Billy proposed so I had no choice but to pay for another permit.
8:30AM We left to see the gorillas. The trekking took 2 hours. We spent one hour with the gorillas before we headed back, which only took an hour. There was an older woman who worked with mobile banking in Nigeria.

















Kigali, Rwanda

Hotel Rwanda



12PM After we had gotten back, we took 2 hours for lunch, which was paid for by the tour company. I chose the chicken. It was okay (16,000 RWFs). I also met Susann Roth, a German woman in her 30s, who is a M.D., Ph.D., who quit after transplant surgery to work in world banking in the Philippines with her husband and kids. She wrote me to ask her about her traveling experience in Central Asia.

Chicken in traditional Rwanda sauce

4:30PM We got back but the museum was closed.  There was a good city view from there. We went to Hotel Rwanda and I ate at heaven.


Cemetery museum for the genocide

7PM Emanuel sent me to the airport and I waited at Bourbon Cafe. The airport here is relatively modern, with 6 gates.





No comments:

Post a Comment