Monday, June 22, 2015

May 4th, 2015 Maun to Okavanga Delta, Botswana

May 4th, 2015


5AM I can't believe people woke earlier than me. I think it was Hannah, a Japanese girl who was nice enough to tell me about her routes and gave me her tent. I went back to sleep until 6.
6AM I paid for the guest house and took the taxi to the airport.
8:15AM I left for Maun, Botswana.
10AM I arrived. My old passport no longer worked. I needed to use my new one.
11AM I was picked up by Island Safari through ATC. I then found out that they didn't do the fall in time. I tried to get Nomad, which ended a day sooner. But unfortunately, they couldn't get me a transport into the Okavanga Delta because the rest were still there in the delta, far away. They wanted to charge me 155 USDs for the day trip. We finally settled on the price 500 USDs plus the day trip.  Because NOMAD didn't bite, I had to stick with ATC. They tried to pull a fast one by charging me for the sleeping bag. They found someone to lend me his.
3PM We did a canoe trip to the camp site.








5PM We arrived and continues to a game walk.




7PM We had some pork pasta with some desert. I wished I had caught up with NOMAD. The food was mediocre too, but the dances and the games we played were pretty good. I won the one with the hand chest and butt. But I lost the game where we had to each a name of animal and had to call someone else's animal name.

11:30PM We played a lot of drinking games without drinking and finally got tired enough to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment