Monday, June 22, 2015

May 2nd, 2015 Sossusvlei

May 2nd, 2015

3AM I woke up several times during the night but I couldn't get to Germans in time.  In fact, I think they passed me in the morning.








5AM I took a couple of drinks out of the fridge and left 22 NADs and 0.2 EUR.
7AM The Portuguese man took forever to get here and eat his breakfast.  We didn't drive until 9AM.  We got there at about 10AM.
1PM I did Sossusvlei in 1 hour but didn't climb the 3 hour dune. I couldn't get back fast enough to join any group. There was a Chinese group that was going back at 2 but it was impossible. I couldn't have come back.
5PM An American couple drove me to see sunset.  I wasn't back to book any rooms.  I really should've took the manual car at Sossusvlei. I am so frustrated here that I can't get out of here. I was venting at the bar and one guy offered me a ride tomorrow. His name is Greg but I didn't catch whether he stayed at the lodge or was camping.
8PM I had a pig neck steak for dinner for 130 NADs (115 for the steak and 15 for the coke). I then went to charge my phone.  I asked for the wifi code but the girl didn't want to give it to me.
10PM After dinner and roaming around for lodging, as the closest one was several kilometers away, I didn't know what to do. This was the night of the fight between Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Travelers came to drink for one of their friend's birthday. But I knew they didn't have enough energy go onto 3-5AM for me to watch the fight. They were closing the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment