Monday, June 22, 2015

May 12th, 2015 Panorama camp nearing Serengeti

6AM The front desk got the tour guide here at 7AM after my breakfast.  It was too late for the 3 day tour to Serengeti so I elected the 4 day tour for 600 USDs.  They initially said the couples paid 650 but for some reason, they told me they paid 800 USDs each for 5 days. So suppose it is the same since they paid 160 USDs per day.
10AM We arrived at Tarangire, which is the national park.



































Stepping sticks inside a bobo tree

Elephant

4PM We arrived at panorama camp. We got to stay at the lodge instead of the camp because it was low season.
6PM I went down to look at the sunset but I couldn't find it through the clouds. The lodge assistant showed me someone's souvenir shop but the owner wasn't there.




Inside the African igloo

8PM Dinner was good.  There was soup, tilapia, salad and potatoes. But I started having diarrhea after.
10pm I called Uganda and Rowanda lodges but eventually found that Uganda has chimpanzees for one day, gorilla for 3 days and Rowanda has it exactly opposite but the difference is the gorilla tour is more special and the park is 2 hours away instead of 5.  What the guide told me that it could be done after I arrive at 9 or 10AM was completely  false. I finally got someone to take my offer at 1100 USDs.


Souvenir shop at the bottom of the Panorama Camp


 




Performers


No comments:

Post a Comment