Monday, June 22, 2015

May 18th, 2015 Mombasa, Kenya

May 18th, 2015

Nairobi airport

7AM Nairobi made me walk back and forth to fetch my luggage. I finally arrived at Mombasa at 9:30AM. Nick from Couchsurfing was there to pick me up. I knew he wanted money so I gave him 5 dollars just to make him go.
10:30AM We arrived at Fort Jesus. He wanted 40 USDs but I refused. I paid another taxi driver 2 USDs. He drove me to town for a place at 800 KES but I wanted to stay near old town and we found one for 1100 KES but I bargained for 1000. After settling down, I went I went inside with a guide who vouched for my residency, which got me in at a cheaper rate.  He actually did a fairly good job and took me to Tamarind for just 100 KES, which was supposed to be representative of Mombasa and where prime ministers eat.










Mombasa





2PM Lunch was just decent but I think it's a little overpriced at 4000 KES considering the prices from rest of the country.

4PM I got back to old town, which was really not that spectacular. It was much better in the movie.


Fixing my pants

8PM I stopped by another German eating Swahili pizza and chicken shawarma.  I first thought I wasn't going to have one but I decided to ask for half and half.  They charged me 400 and the full price.  So the African lied and I waited for the police nearby, who didn't do anything.

Swahili pizza

Sharwama
10PM I took a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment