Tuesday, January 22, 2013

December 27th, 2012 Tulum and Cancun, Mexico


2:30AM  I finally got to Tulum and took a cab to Lobo Hostel.  The man wanted 10 USDs for a hammock.   We spent another 20 minutes looking for another hostel.  He knew I didn't want to spend more as I only wanted to give him 30 MXNS.   I gave him 50 MXNs.



3AM  I asked a young man walking where I could find another hostel.   His name is Patrick, an American from San Francisco who is a kite instructor here.  He offered me his couch and suggested some money for his breakfast.  I gave him 50 MXNs.  I slept at 3:30AM.














7AM  Patrick wanted to go kite surf at 7AM so we left the house.  I took a colectivo bus to Tulum Bus.

10AM  I am back from Tulum and bought a ticket to Playa del Carmen.  I left for Cancun immediately after arriving at Playa del Carmen at 12:15PM (48 MXNs).

2PM  I couldn't find any travel agencies that had flights to Havana from either Mexico City nor Cancun.  Therefore, I took a local bus directly to the resort area.





6PM  The hostel area is the real Cancun.  I spent another hour looking for flights before going to Mercado 28 to have dinner.  I had some grilled fish with garlic for 133 MXNs. 










9PM  Unsatisfied, I took my own way to look for flights to Havana from the sites suggested on couchsurfing.  One of them worked and I bought the ticket on January 1st for around 290 EURs.


11PM  I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment