Monday, January 7, 2013

December 17th, 2012 Boquette, Panama and San Jose, Costa Rica


6AM  I arrived at David,  where I took a 1 hour school bus to Boquete.   It was cold on the bus and I got my jacket from my luggage toward the end.  I took several pictures and talked to a retired man named Jeff, who moved fast for one.  I charged my camera battery for about 10 minutes.  After taking a few long exposure shots after the sun had hit the river, I left to go back to David.

9:30AM  I got back and found the bus to San Jose doesn't leave until 12.  I searched for a place to replace my watch battery.  Unfortunately,  I found someone incompetent who broke the iron rod that holds the wrist band.  He wouldn't pay back and his ranch didn't work to fix my tripod either.

11AM  I gave who I thought was a nice woman one of my pictures after she gave me some directions.  Well, they ended up not being helpful.  It wasn't a real restaurant and no taxi wanted to take me to the photo store.  After changing my phone and camera for 0.20 USD, she wanted 2 USDs for charging for one hour for both.  I declined and left.

12PM  The bus left for San Jose.

4PM  We stopped for lunch.  I am sure how sick I am.  I have rhinitis without fever but with some coughing.   I think I am fighting it off pretty well, considering I just did about 2 weeks ago.  We are only half way there in this hell bus without AC at 34 degrees Celsius.

7:30PM  I arrived at San Jose,  without realizing that it has a one hour time difference from Panama.   The girl on the bus helped me texted a couple of hosts, Natalia replied and said she would pick me up after her workout at 9:30PM.  So I waited about an hour until 8:30, believing it was 9:30.  She did reply later though and picked me up.

10PM  We chatted for a little.  She told me to go to Liberia first and go to the beach there.  She also went to Guatemala City, Antigua and Tikal.  I exchanged 10 USDs for 5000 CRCs, had some tea and took a shower before going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment