Tuesday, January 22, 2013

December 24th, 2012 Flores, Guatemala







Armadillo

3:45AM  I left and a teenage boy who looked drunk pointed me to the middle of the street.  He wanted to get my luggage for me and I didn't let him.  He got on the back of the bus as well.  I was more suspicious and checked for my luggage.  He didn't want me to.   He wanted money and tried to sit next to me and take my glasses.  I told him to sit away so I can get the money.    I couldn't see the notes in my wallet because it was too dark.  He tried to take my wallet and I shouted.  Fortunately, the bus stopped and everyone looked back.  I pointed at wallet and had control of the luggage.  Reluctantly, he left.

6AM  I lost some money in exchange with a Canadian: 108 GTQs for 15 USDs.  He did tell me some useful information about getting my tour from the hostel in the morning and not going to Cuba, or least not stay for too long.

3PM  I arrived at Flores and paid a driver 6 GTQs to get to Los Amigos (45 GTQs).  I finally got someone (San Juan Travels) to take 15 USDs instead of having to spend 2 USDs at the ATM.  After that was done, I took a boat to El Mirador for 5 GTQs and 3 GTQs back for a view of Flores on a tree house.

6PM  I forced my way to pay for a threesome's ice cream and another's dinner for 60 and 205 GTQs, respectively.  I had a little bit of trouble at La Mesa de Los Mayas because they wouldn't charge me any extra to my bill unless than I paid 7% and later did not want to do it at all.  But the three Mexicans
gladly helped and I paid 5% extra service charge and I think it was worth it.  I then used it to buy a plate of armadillo and tea for 80 GTQs.

10PM  David Cozart from CS came to talk to me.  We talked for an hour about our traveling experience.   He has been to 80 countries even in Central Asia and Russia whereas I have been to around 60.  I slept around 11PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment