Monday, January 7, 2013

December 20th, 2012 Tegucigalpa, Honduras


5:30AM  I woke several time before 5 because they have either a sick chicken or dog that barks before way before dawn.  I got into a shared cab.  Well, this time it didn't have as much suspense.  While it was still very dark, it was getting brighter and no one was sitting in the trunk looking over me like a vulture.

6AM  I got to the immigration office, having to cough up another 2 USDs without a stamp out.  I forgot if I had that last time I came to Nicaragua.
 Haircut at Tegucigalpa



City Center of Tegucigalpa

6:30AM  I paid another 3 USDs to the Honduran Immigration Office and left for Tegucigalpa (98 HNLs or 5 USDs).  The bus boy wanted more at 18 HNLs per USD.  I didn't comply and he left me alone.  We are supposedly 4 hours away.

12:30PM  We arrived at Tegucigalpa.  No one wanted to lend me their phone (I asked about 5 people).  I was told to stay in a shop in a market because they said I'd be robbed.  After yesterday, anything in daylight
seems like nothing.  I stayed until 1PM.  David asked me if I wanted to go with him to a city in the north.  I couldn't decide and he made me stay with Kate to go to the center.





5PM  We got back from the center.  It was rather uneventful.   Kate is traveling on her bike for some book she wanted to write for charity.  I don't think it'd be interesting but I'm sure people will buy it.

9PM  We wasted hours sitting at home.  We had some omelet and beef with David's grandfather, who insisted his Spanish-mayan rather than Latin American and that North Americans are uncultured.  David arrives when we were finishing.  It looked like he just wanted drinks with the other couchsurfing host Marlon and his friends.  I wish I had food with them instead.

10PM  Marlon is a dental surgery resident.  He told me to take the expensive bus in the morning.  It sounded like I had to if I wanted to see Copan on the same day.  He said I should've gone to El Salvador first, then Copan and enter Guatemala.  David made Copan and then El Salvador sound much easier to travel
than it is.  I would have to hop from bus to bus until they stop at night.  I took a shower and set alarm at 4:15AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment