Sunday, January 6, 2013

December 15th, 2012 Panama City, Panama


12PM  I arrived at Panama City.  The windbreaker I had was way too much for this heat.  The airport was small and I had to walk around 20 minutes to the bus stop.  The ride was a transfer.  When one travels, I think when one are with a white girl one also become a target.  The lady that took us to the transfer bus took 30 cents from us and later 1.25 USDs when it was supposed to be 0.25 USD.  I hated the 2 hour bus ride, which seemed forever.  I talked to a man from Costa Rica.  He and the Canadian girl were polite and jovial,  even though I find the girl slightly irritating when she exaggerated her curiosity, which I found disingenuous.



3PM  God, the infrastructure is horrific here in Panama.  I am glad we didn't make it a territory.   They use USDs as currency just like Ecuador.   I took a cab from Albrook Central Station to Casco Viejo because Lirieth the couchsurfing host didn't seem want to meet.  I got there and toured the old town in a couple of hours.  I found from a boy that worked at a Chinese grocery that a former US president ate at La Casa Blanca.  So I had grilled sea bass, which was just passing for 19.60 USDs.








9PM  I had a drink with a couple of guys from Canada, who got to Luna's Castle also on the same day.  I talked to the beautiful English woman from Australia at the bar and went to sleep around 1AM.  This hostel reminds me of the one in Buenos Aires, except that the heat that forced me to get a AC room for 15 USDs.



No comments:

Post a Comment