Monday, January 7, 2013

December 21st, 2012 Copan, Honduras






4AM  I woke up at 4 anyway.  The taxi we called was still not there at 4:40AM so I asked a garbage man to call Marlon.  He seemed to be concerned that someone has his number.  He called the taxi company again and it came around 4:50AM.  We arrived at the bus company minutes after calling Marlon again for directions.  Someone who spoke English told me it is more direct and I fell for the 35 USDs bus.

5:45AM  We left.


9:30AM  We arrived at San Pedro Sula, where we had to wait for an hour for the bus leaving for Santa Rosa.  This bus is so ridiculous that they transfer luggage from bus to bus and has security scans like that at the airport.

1:30PM  I arrived at Santa Rosa, having only realized that they had a bus going directly to Copan Ruins from San Pedro Sula after talking to Karen.  She is a 19 year old in her second year studying architecture.  Now I have to turn back and take another 1 hour bus to the ruins.

4:30PM What was supposed to be one hour took three.  They wanted 100 HNLs and not exchange 300 HNLs for a 20 USD bill.  The girl on the bus helped me to give 90 HNLs as they overcharged me.  I didn't have time and went straight to the ruins.  Luckily today is once in a life time the new era so they were still open later.


Mary's

6PM I stored my luggage at Fernando's hostel, who didn't have a spare room anyway.  That just
became a logical excuse to store the luggage.  I saw the same girl and the man she was with at different tables at Mary's.   The man lives in Miami and the girl turned out to be a couchsurfing host that turned me down.  What a small world.





7PM We saw a show at central park.

12PM We then went to the ceremony, which was just a musical show about Mayan culture.  I went in and came back from the ruins.  The man who was with her earlier won her over and I just stayed at Fernando's hostel after coming back at 1AM.


No comments:

Post a Comment