Monday, January 7, 2013

December 18th, 2012 Playa del Coco, Costa Rica and San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua


4AM  My clock is still wrong and I woke up 1 hour early.  We left at 6AM to the bus station for Liberia.

11AM  I arrived at Liberia.  I met a nice young man who showed me the way to a hotel that sold direct tickets to Nicaragua.  Unfortunately, they sold out for December.  He then spent 1000 CRCs to pay my cab to another hostel that sold tickets.  They were also selling 
only for January.  The manager told me not to go at night to the border and instead during the day.  I didn't think I was going to listen to him.  I asked the bus station which was only one block from where I was: it seemed like they were leaving every half an hour.


1PM  I arrived at Playa del Coco after about 1 hour and got myself to the beach. After about half an hour, I was bored and decided to have my meal in 1.5 days.  The one at Panama City was too filling.  I ordered rice, beans and grilled fish plate (2900 CRCs) and a granabana shake (2500 CRCs).  For some reason, they just charged me 4730 CRCs.

2PM  I left for Liberia.

3:00PM  The bus left for the border but it is 4:30 now and we are 
still about 30 minutes away.

5PM  I paid 12 USDs and rhwn 1 USD for a custom form to cross the border.   It was ridiculous.  I shared a cab with a Romanian woman and her Italian boyfriend for 6 USDs, which probably saved 2 hours on the bus.  I looked around at San Juan del Sur.  There were only around 3 hostels nearby and none had AC dorms.  So I took Casa Oro for 8 USDs.  It was already dark.  I checked the internet.  A well traveled man told me about Tulum and buying the flying ticket at Cancun.  I had a Corona on the roof for 40 NIOs.



11PM  I went to their open mic Tuesday night at Pacha Mama's and then went back to the hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment