Monday, January 7, 2013

December 22nd, 2012 San Salvador, El Salvador




 Inside the Hondurian Immigration Building

5AM  I was ready to leave but the bus was going to San Pedro Sula rather than Santa Rosa.  I found that to get to San Pedro Sula and Santa Rosa you would have to pass La Entrada and there I can take a direct bus to the border.  When I went back the bus was gone and I had to take the one at 6AM.


9AM  I got to La Entrada and transferred to another bus for 150 HNLs.  There was someone who gave me his seat so he could ask for money from people on the bus.  As a result, I didn't pay the 150 HNLs for the bus.  I then took another shared taxi to the border, where I had a scare when my luggage was gone.  A kind old man sitting in front came with me to drive back 200 meters, where they took my luggage by mistake.  I used the bathroom at the immigration office and we took another school bus to San Salvador.  The old man also bought me a horchata drink.



4PM  I got to the center by walking 1 mile.  It was a little unnerving as there were a lot of people on the street.

8PM  I took a 0.20 USD bus to Colonia Lyco, where Ale was suppposed to host.  However, when I asked a group of men and one of them asked a friend to offer me a ride to find her home, we couldn't find it for 20 minutes.   I got nervous and was afraid that he would drive me away.  He was also drunk by the way he was talking and backing up his car on a one way street.  I found refuge in an emergency hospital.  I got internet by talking to an attending.  She let me stay and she even asked her boyfriend to drive me to a hotel.  But fortunately,  we got Ale on the phone and she came to pick me up on the side of the street.



10PM  We had dinner: yuca and chicken pupusa.  With a shake and a beer, it was less than 5 USDs.  We had a few beers at an Irish bar and another rock bar before we got home at 1AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment