Tuesday, January 22, 2013

December 26th, 2012 Actun Tunichil Muknal, Belize

5:30AM  I woke too early because I have been waking up this early every day for 5 days.

7:30AM  I arrived at Mayawalks and had breakfast, which was just toasted bread, fruit and coffee.

10AM  We arrived at the cave after walking for 45 minutes or so.  The famed Aaron Juan got into an argument with me when I refused to wear it based on the tour guidelines.  He said he saw that I was told I couldn't wear it even though I knew he wasn't there.  He forced me into Danny's group.  The ATM caves were decent.  The entire journey took about 2 hours going and 1 hour back.

2:30PM  I had a chicken sandwich and left before Aaron came back.

4:00PM  I waited for the bus going to the border (14 BZDs).  That was the only bus to 
Chetumal operated by Valencia on the 26th.  I was lucky that I didn't have to go to Belize City.  By the time I got to the border, it was already 8PM.  I got a taxi for 5 USDs.

9PM  I got in another cab for 5 USDs to Chetumal.  It took quite a while, something like 20 minutes, to get to the bus station.  They only took visa for first class tickets to Tulum.  Therefore, I took 2,600 MXNs from the HSBC ATM.



But I am back in North America!

No comments:

Post a Comment