Saturday, July 23, 2011

June 28th, 2011 Florence, Sienna, Italy

Sienna, Italy

3PM I arrived at Florence at about 3PM but took nearly an hour to straighten things out and finally got on the 410 train to Sienna. I lucked out on getting an Interrail ticket by saying I was staying in Bulgaria. Fortunately, I had stamps all over my passport. I pointed to one that I believed to be Bulgaria to the old ticket officer. I am not sure if it would work again. The train ride ended up being a 2-hour ride rather than just 1.

Sienna

5PM An international student from Nanking took me to the town quare and then I was on my own to get to the tower. Buildings were pretty cool not as old as I thought.





7PM I went to Il Gelato for gelato flavored in something Sicilian, Tiramisu and something else I do not recall for 3 EURs. I also went to a small shop for a coke. It was 2 EURs but I only paid 2 dollars since I did not have EUR cash and she did not want to pay the visa fee.

8PM I dont think I have time for San Gimignano. I am heading back to Florence.


2AM At a Turkish Restaurant, I and purchased a 2 dollar coke, I gave the man 20 usd and he gave 13 EURs, which is about right. I got back to the train station at 3ish and slept until the bus came at 5:30AM for the airport.





10PM I bought tripe for 9 eurs and 2 for tabling fee. I then toured the city, eventually reaching the old bridge and Piazza Microangelo, which is sort of like Lover's Lane. There were many parties going on, the one that stood out was this bar in the what seemed like dried river. They had some water and a little bit of sand. It was so hot and I was very thirsty. You would miss the free water that you would get in America now. I asked to change dollars for Euros with this guy from Florence. He kindly bought me water.

Tripe from Tuscany

2AM At a Turkish Restaurant, I and purchased a 2 dollar coke, I gave the man 20 usd and he gave 13 EURs, which is about right. I got back to the train station at 3ish and slept until the bus came at 5:30AM for the airport to retrieve my bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment