Monday, July 25, 2011

July 5th, 2011 Koln to Amersterdam, the Netherlands

5AM I rose and left's home to Amsterdam.
English at the Dam

10AM I am here. It almost looks just like it did in Diamonds are Forever. The canals, the buildings are all there. I went to the address the CS host gave me. The man insisted that it was only for those with reservations. I panicked slightly and messaged the CS emergency board with a dinner offer. A few hours later, I had two responses, one of which comes from Robert, a photographer.

Anne Frank Museum


1PM I toured the Anne Frank Museum, which brought tears. this city is full of museums that are oddly interesting, shall I say. I might go to the dungeon museum or the Van Gogh museum tomorrow.

7PM I arrived at Robert's home. We talked about photography for some while until 9, when I treated us to dinner. We had some fusion chicken kebobs.

11PM I left Robert's home. His bike without handbrakes was too challenging for me. I went to the red light district. To be honest, there is an initial rush but then it was just lame after half an hour of walking seeing so much of the same thing. I then went to Lindeplein. For 3 EURs, you could enter and get a beer. The floor was somewhat small. Later, I met this African dutch who took me to Rembrandsplein, it was much more happening and I walked home in an hour's walk by foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment