Monday, July 25, 2011

July 10th, 2011 Bergen, Oslo and Stockholm



American Traveler on Train

Viewpoint from Lina's Home

7AM I woke up Lina. I also realized that I had no local currency for souvenir. She did not want to go to the train station to break up her 500 DKKs. So shamefully, I asked for the twenty back since I only had large 100 dollar bills left.

7:58AM I got on the train and changed ten for 50 DKKs lost 1 dollar as a result. I do not think I would have given in on such bad rates had Lina not given me the 20 back. Shame on me.


12PM I am almost at Oslo, the train is at 3:30, which would leave me only an hour at Oslo. There is not much time but ill try my best.

2:17PM I arrived at Oslo and my train to Stockholm. Half an hour was just enough for a round trip to the royal palace. I was not able to take photos of national opera house. I got back to the train station at 310 and the bus for Lillistroem left around 330.

Oslo

10PM I arrived at Stockholm, which is a much bigger city than I thought. I walked around the central station for an hour to try find a decent restaurant. There was nothing but pubs open. I finally gave up and turned around to the train station, where I met some help from a Columbian girl, who studies genetics at Stockholm university, where my CS host lives. I searched for his contact again but he finally picked up. So I was in her lab for 10 more minutes and we left. I met Minhaaj, who gave up his own bed to me as I only realized in the morning. He also offered some delicious Indian food. It struck me that he also travels fast like me and we both have traveled almost all of Europe. I slept at 1AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment