Monday, July 25, 2011

July 2nd, 2011 Lyon, Geneva, Basel



9AM The Brasserie finally opened and I was about to get my rasberry cake desert at 6.5 EURs. 12PM The trip took much longer than thought: I did not get there until 12. Everything is expensive here. I bought an Orangina for 2.5 EURs. I also had salad, bread, desert and an appetizer. All that was $15.02. The south end of the lake is quite beautiful with white swans. I then bought a ticket good for an hour (3 EURs) from someone who erroneously bought two. After taking the train to the border of France and Switzerland, I reached the telelift at 7.6 EURs to see the entire lake at over 1000 meters. I bought another Orangina for only 1.3 EURs. There were some paragliders there. I considered it but it looked like they were doing this for half an hour or more, which I could not spare. I returned to find the big fountain of Geneva was turned off. But I did finally receive my luggage. I was to be tonight at 11 until the 5:37AM train to Strasbourg Ville.
Lunch at Switzerland



Geneva

The Lake


From the Top

11PM
Well, what do you know, I was saved by a man, who first offered to lead me to the busy area of the town and then a bed at their home. It was a scene directly from Les Miserable. He offered me potatoes and syrup water and anything I liked in the kitchen. He is from England with American parents and lives with his wife in the third story of a house near the center of Basel. He even offered to pay my bus ticket and 10 EURs for snacks. He made the bed for me and offered me shower. I left him 20 USDs.
Les Miserables in Basel

No comments:

Post a Comment