Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 12th, 2011 Helsinki, Finland


It is only poetic I am writing my 100th post for this very last day of traveling. I have visited 34 cities and 12 countries on this trip, Italy and Germany I have been to before. I shall have the financial soon.

Helsinki, Finland


Fisherman's Wharf
7AM I am at Turku.

8:30AM I met a few Estonian boys, who were photographers for the Viking Line. They were big drinkers but they were friendly and so I gave them my Obama photo.

Fried Herring Fish

10AM I reached Helsinki and purchased a 24 hour bus pass to get to Tanja's. I reached her place 15 minutes away from the center at around 11. At 12, she took me to the center. We had some reindeer meatball and herring fish for 19 EURs. We walked around some more. Helsinki is quite small so we ran out places to walk to at 4. We stopped for a couple of beers. I bought a round at 6 EURs. We then went to a small park before going to dinner. I had salmon sandwich in herring. That was very decent.

Salmon Herring

10:30PM I went to sleep.
4AM Tanja woke me up because my clock was still one hour behind. The buses 231 and 615t were both on schedule to get me to the airport at 5:25. Fifteen minutes was enough to get through both check-in and security.

6:30AM The plane took off for Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment