Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 13th, 2011 Amsterdam to Miami, Florida



A Photo from the First Time Around

9AM I arrived at Amsterdam. My flight is not for another 6 hours so I hopped on the train to the Central Station at Amsterdam. My interrail pass had actually expired yesterday but I decided to wing it. After actually getting on the wrong train, I took the advice of a Dutchman to take the metro to get to the Van Gogh Museum that I missed the first time around.

11AM I toured the Van Gogh Museum in 2 hours. It was decent, the best part being some x-ray analysis of his painting. It was necessary because he reuses canvases. I bought tickets for another couple to get some EURs. I then went to the FOTO Museum, which is not as good and only took 20 minutes to finish. I had some more herring for prosperity.

1PM I had to return to the airport. Luckily, I was able to get back to the airport without problem. I waited an hour or so. This airport is unique in that the security check is outside of each gate so there was not a big line. The plane was full of tourists and they all cheered and clapped when the plane arrived at Miami. I am sure they were more excited than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment