Monday, July 25, 2011

July 4th, 2011 Bruges, Belgium and Koln, Germany






Bruges


6AM I got out and caught a bus to Grand Central.

7AM I am taking the 30 min train to Bruges. Bruges seems like a petite and sweet version of Strasbourg. I got a waffle ice cream, which is mocha flavored. I found it too hard and somewhat expensive at 5 EURs. When I came back, I got the Cherrylicious juice at the station for 4.40 EURs and a sprite for 1.60 EURs.
Old Town in Bruges
Belgian Scout

11AM I am on the train and met this girl who is going camping in a farm. She is also vegetarian who is very concerned with what is feeding the animals. I also gave my s to some friendly German girls from Aachen on the way back from the Netherlands.
German Girls at Train to Koln

4PM I arrived at Koln, or cologne. I do not understand why it took Supa more than one day here. But the cathedral viewed from the rail station is definitely sight. I then went to the shopping street, beneath which is the old town. I am having some bloody sausage as I am writing this at ZS Gilden im Zims. It was gross and I know the locals do not eat this anymore.

Outside the Train Station
Koln, Germany


Bloody Sausage at Old Town of Koln

7PM I am basically finished with the main parts of the city. The cathedral leads to the shopping area, which leads to the old town and the Rhine River, where I got some mediocre ice cream and a coke.for 1.6 and 1.8 EURs, respectively. I then went to the church, which was closed and over the bridge to the other side. The view of the city from the other side is slightly better but it was against the sun. I did meet a group of six climbers who were climbing the bridge.

I met the Norwegian Women's soccer team on route to Group A matches of the World Cup, who unfortunately lost in the first round of the World Cup, I believe.
Many Love Locks at the Bridge

Climbers


Andrea

Sunset of Koln



Lovers

Old Friends

10PM After talking to a Belgian girl I found that I could have gotten into the cathedral and climbed to the top. It looked like a tall task at 500 something steps. But there is nothing that Ethan Yang could not do. It was just closed and he would have to come back. Afterward, I arrived at Barbarossaplatz to met Martin, my host. He showed me around a little bit of nightlife in Cologne. Even on a Monday, there are people coming out for beer. He bought me a beer and then I had another one at 1.4 EURs.

No comments:

Post a Comment