Saturday, July 23, 2011

June 29th, 2011 Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Turin




Morning in Florence, Italy




5:30AM The bus driver charged 5 EURs for going to the airport. I just had to try it again in an hour and spent that time taking some pictures in the morning. I took the w one and just could not get around It. I paid it and waited for the airport luggage office to open for about half an hour. Apparently they still have it at Geneva. I asked to have it transferred to Torino by tomorrow or otherwise let it stay in Geneva until I get there. I bougbt a coke for 55 EUR cents near the station.

9AM I left to arrive at pisa at 10AM. The walk was much longer than expected. I got to the tower and it was worth the half an hour walk. I stopped by several banks but none exchanged without a fee less than 10 eurs. On the way back, I gave a lady 1.45 eur and a penny that went for 5 cents. I then purchased a coke at 0.70 EURs and departed for Cinque Terre.


Pisa, Italy




Cinque Terre, Italy

12AM I stopped by the second fourth and fifth city before taking off for Torino and transfering at Geneva. The girls I met at Sienna were right. There was no way I could have made it to San Gimignano. I couldn't even finish Cinque Terre.



5pm I left on a 4 hr train to Turin. The train stopped two stops before Port Susa, where I was meant to meet my host, Pierdo, due to strikes. There was a liver transplant surgeon, Dr Francesco Lupa that I met who walked me across a huge skybridge to reach a subway beside the mall. He even paid for my train ticket. I met Pierdo at 9:30 but we were too late to reach Eatalia for dinner. He then drove me to this summer festival for 7 EURs sausages and 2.5 EURs beer. We then toured the city square for a bit before getting very good gelato at 1.5 eur each. I gave him 20 USDs. He is really interested to tell me about Turin and Italian history. We got back home around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment