Sunday, August 25, 2024

July 28th, 2024 Meteora, Greece

1AM I arrived in Cairo and spent an hour at the Alhein Lounge before boarding my flight to Athens.

6:05AM I landed in Athens and waited until 7AM for the shuttle, which picked me up after I called them.

8AM I began my drive toward Meteora. Unfortunately, I had to stop twice to charge my phone since the car's USB port was barely charging it, if at all.

2PM I arrived at Meteora and began exploring. I drove past St. Nicholas Monastery, the first on the left side of the road, as I wanted to prioritize other sites. Each monastery required a short hike. I visited Roussanou Monastery first, followed by Varlaam Monastery. The ticketing lady at Roussanou advised me to head to Varlaam first since it closes at 3:00 PM. Afterward, I explored the Great Meteora Monastery at 3:30 PM, then visited the Holy Trinity Monastery just before 4:00 PM, staying until 4:30 PM. I reached St. Stephen's Monastery at 4:45 PM and finished my visit by 5:05 PM. Unfortunately, when I arrived at St. Nicholas Monastery around 5:30 PM, its doors were already closed.


Meteora




6PM I headed down to charge my drone and phone, enjoying a cappuccino freddo while I waited. I returned at 7:30 PM to take some aerial shots of the Great Meteora Monastery and the Holy Trinity Monastery, though I missed the best part of the sunset.

9:30PM I went down to the town center and had lamb and wine at Restaurant Meteora Gkertsou Family. Despite the lamb being slow-cooked, I wasn’t particularly impressed. I went to sleep at 11:45 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment