Thursday, August 22, 2024

April 12th, 2024 Ardabil, Iran to Tabriz, Iran

6AM I woke up early to continue working on the meeting minutes. After breakfast, we left the hotel at 9:45AM.

10AM We visited the Sheikh Safi al-Din Khanegah and Shrine, a 700-year-old site used as a school and sanctuary for the poor. The main dome was destroyed by an earthquake 300 years ago.







Sheikh Safi al-Din Khanegah and Shrine

11AM We departed for Tabriz, arriving around 2:30PM.

3PM We toured the Blue Mosque, which had sustained significant damage from earthquakes. The Grand Bazaar was closed on Thursdays and Fridays, so I missed the opportunity to see the carpet gallery.

Blue Mosque

4PM We walked through the Shah Goli Palace, which had been converted into a park a century ago. I got a haircut afterward.

5PM I hoped to try Koofteh Tabriz, but the restaurant didn't have it on the menu, so I settled for a beef Kabāb-e Barg. It was a bit disappointing.

8PM I had a latte at a cafe near my hotel and then set out in search of Koofteh Tabriz, walking for 45 minutes without luck. A kind man even ordered a taxi with me for a minute to help me find the dish, but we came up empty-handed. I walked 600 meters back to the hotel and worked on my minutes until late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment