Thursday, August 22, 2024

April 23rd, 2024 Thimphu, Bhutan

1:30AM We landed in Delhi.

2AM I was delayed until the gate was ready, then further delayed by the transfer desk staff, who took half an hour to get my boarding pass.

3AM I finally got my boarding pass and reached the lounge, but there was a fee for showers, and I didn't have time. I grabbed a drink and some snacks, then walked to gate 4A. The flight departed just after 4AM.

6:30AM We arrived at Paro. My card got stuck in the ATM, but I managed to retrieve it. I got a ride from someone called to fix the ATM, who paid for the taxi back to Paro.

8AM Nirvana Inn was 2,500 BTH while Hotel Jigmeling was 1,500 BHN per night. I got it down to 2,800 BTH for 2 nights. I showered and napped for 2 hours before heading to Thimphu.

11:15AM I took a taxi and stopped at a bridge and for a panoramic view of Thimphu.



Thimphu

12:50PM I arrived in Thimphu. I ook photos and visited landmarks, including the unimpressive Buddha and archery yard, which as impressive at 145 meters long as I used to train on 8 meters. I had Ema Datshi, Jasha Maru and Lassi at Zombala 2 Restaurant.

3PM I visited Tashichho Dzong, the Imperial Working Compound, but entry was allowed only after 5PM and required a guide. I took some photos outside.

Tashichho Dzong

4PM I took a taxi to Semtokha Dzong. The taxi driver acted suspiciously, later escalating his fare demand. He wanted 1200 BHN! This dropped to 900, then 450, then eventually 370. He even gave the money back to me that I left in his car. We ended up at a police station, and the officer mediated a 300 BTH fare.


 Semtokha Dzong

6PM I left for Paro. The taxi driver stopped midway so we can give his cycling friend a lift.

8PM: I arrived in Paro and had a meeting with Mary Vater for FDA minutes. Then I tried the Baa Thup at the Mountain Cafe, which wasn't that good, followed by a Pepsi before heading back to the hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment