Thursday, August 22, 2024

April 15th, 2024 Kermanshah, Iran to Shushtar, Iran

7AM I woke and showered.

7:30AM I had a latte, omelet for a full breakfast. We set off for Shush Castle at 8AM.

2PM We reached Shush Castle, which was constructed by the French to aid in the excavation of Susa, a site dating back over 7,000 years.

4PM We toured Hafttapeh, named after the seven hills near the Ziggurat here.

5PM We then visited the Chogha Zanbil Ziggurat, a unique ancient site.



Chogha Zanbil Ziggurat

6PM We had dinner at Mostofi Restaurant, where I had chicken.

8PM We then headed to the Tabib Traditional Hotel. I enjoyed an iced latte at the nearby Tarmeh Cafe, housed within the Afzal Caravanserai. The temperature was quite warm, about 28 degrees Celsius at night, and I needed the air conditioner to sleep comfortably.

10PM I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment