Thursday, August 22, 2024

April 22nd, 2024 Tehran, Iran to Kuwait City, Kuwait

8:30AM I had breakfast consisting of cantaloupe melon, watermelon, and orange juice. I was feeling more nauseated than usual.

9:15AM Erfan and I left for the airport. After checking in, I found there was no lounge due to sanctions, so I slept on the chairs until boarding.

12:30PM I boarded the flight to Kuwait. Departure was delayed, but I finally left at 12:55 PM.

2PM I landed in Terminal 4, the newer terminal. I got a free visa-on-arrival (VOA) within 40 minutes. An Asian girl kindly gave me 1 Kuwaiti dinar as I hadn't exchanged currency yet.

3PM I waited for the X3 bus for 20 minutes, but it didn't show. I asked another bus driver for advice, and he suggested I take his bus, bus 13 and switch at a stop in the city.

4:30PM I got on the wrong bus 51, and when I jumped off, the door knocked off the top half of my phone case. I switched to the 21A and walked 20 minutes to the Kuwait Towers. It was just like it was before when I visited years ago. I tried to access the restaurant for a higher view, but they didn't allow cameras even if I were to dine there. I ordered a Careem but it wasn't moving. Careem was charging around 6 KWD. I took a taxi thinking 20 USD was less than 6 KWD. I was wrong and ended up paying more.

Kuwait Towers

5:10PM I returned to Terminal 4, I spent 90 minutes in the lounge before boarding the flight to Delhi.

7:25 PM I departed for DEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment