Thursday, August 22, 2024

April 18th, 2024 Isfahan, Iran

10:30AM We had a late start and visited the Jameh Mosque in Isfahan, then walked through the Isfahan Grand Bazaar to reach Naqsh-e Johan Square.



Jameh Mosque

11:50AM We reached the Naqsh-e Johan Square. This is the most famous square in Iran. Ali Qapu Palace was closed for some emergency repairs. Imam Mosque was open. All entry fees were waived today as it is World Heritage Day.







Imam Mosque

1:30PM We visited the Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque.


Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque


Chehel Sotoon Palace

3:30PM We came back to the hotel. I was nauseous from all the greasy food yesterday. I slept for about an hour.

6:30PM Our evening included a taxi ride to the ancient bridge, where we took some photos. I had a Kebab Hosseni for dinner at the famous Shahrzad Restaurant. I also had trouble with the hotel toilet, which required changing rooms. I just asked for the keys for the room closeby. This led to frequent bathroom trips to the room next door during the night at 11:30PM, 12:30AM, 1:30AM, 5AM, keeping me awake until morning and right before we left for Yazd.

Ancient bridge at Isfahan

No comments:

Post a Comment