Sunday, August 25, 2024

July 25th, 2024 Victoria, Seychelles

8AM Shebani woke me up, calling from the transfer desk at Addis Ababa. I tried to assist her by coordinating a three-way call with United and the Ethiopian Airlines check-in agent. Unfortunately, the situation quickly became tense. The Ethiopian agent couldn’t process the upgrade on her account, despite the upgrade already being on hold. When the two agents started speaking over each other, I had to raise my voice to get them to communicate one at a time. This caused Shebani to become upset with me. The agent, using my raised voice as an excuse, refused to continue the conversation. Shebani, who dislikes confrontations, was distressed and gave me a very short window to resolve the issue. Despite the frustration, I eventually managed to get another United agent on the line. This agent instructed the gate supervisor to uncheck her and complete the upgrade to Business class. Thankfully, this final effort was successful. Shebani often delegates these mundane tasks to me, likely feeling that I should handle them since I didn’t book her hotel reservations. However, she seldom expresses any gratitude.

10:10AM I left for Eden Island, which turned out to be just a small mall. I ordered a Sailor coffee but found it too strong, so they added more milk. After spending only 15 minutes there, I headed to Venn's ruins. The trip took another 45 minutes, but the site was unimpressive and cost 100 SCR. The view was mostly obstructed by fog.

1PM I arrived at Mango House.

Mango House


2:10PM I left to pick up Shebani. I found her at the entrance at 2:50PM. I wanted to tell her that the ETA didn't even require reservations.

4PM We returned to Mango House and relaxed by the pool until Shebani went for a massage at 5:30 PM. The massage lasted an hour and cost 2140 SCR, around 150 USD.

8PM We had dinner at Maria's Rock Cafeteria, where we enjoyed a mixed platter of shrimp, fish, beef, and chicken that we cooked ourselves. The meal cost 730.25 SCR.

9PM We returned to Mango House. I worked on my blog before heading into some meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment