Thursday, August 22, 2024

April 24th, 2024 Paro, Bhutan

7:45AM I woke up to severe diarrhea. By 9AM, it had calmed enough to leave the hotel. I took a taxi to the base of Taktsang for 350 BTN.

9:30AM I began the climb to Taktsang. I was told by guides that horses could take people halfway point for 800 to 1,000 BTN, but I walked. It was tough. I took many small breaks. I also took a break at the cafe midway and eventually reached the monastery at 11:30 AM. A monk took my bag outside. The police asked me to delete photos on my phone and camera. I visited the cave meditation area and then headed back down.




Taktsang

12:30PM I started my way down and reached the cafe at 1:30PM. I stopped at the cafe for further diarrhea. I paid a steep price for a small Fanta at 90 BTN. The horse prices seemed inconsistent, with some now asking for 1,500 to 2,500 BTN to just go down the rest of the way for half of the entire distance.

3PM I reached the base and hitched a ride with an Asian American family from New York.

4:10PM I missed the National Museum's closing time, so I opted for momos at Momo Corner. They were too salty. However, the Hotel Jigmeling staff said that is the way it's supposed to be.

6PM I exchanged 1500 BTN for 18 USD, which was basically exact. I had a shower at 6:30PM and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment