Sunday, August 25, 2024

July 24th, 2024 Victoria, Seychelles

7AM I arrived in Seychelles without any issues. The ETA requirement was straightforward; it only took about five minutes to fill out and was instantly verified. However, when Shebani submitted her ETA, it was missing some dates, which likely triggered the system to flag her for additional documentation. After handling that, I walked around the airport area and found a few apartments nearby for around 80 EUR. I picked up my rental car and paid an extra 300 SCR to extend the rental by six hours on my last day. I then started a scenic drive, looping around the south of the island.

1PM II arrived in Victoria, a small town bustling with people and limited parking. I visited the Arulmigu Navasakti Vinayagar Temple and the Chinese Cultural Center. The center had some art displays on the right side of the building and takeout food options on the left. I met a woman and her partner, and we chatted about their life here. They recommended Beau Vallon for affordable accommodations..

2PM I continued driving around the northern part of the island and reached Beau Vallon. I checked out a few hotels. Peponi Self Catering Apartments quoted 925 SCR (about 60 USD) plus a 25 SCR environmental tax. Villa Des Roses Apartments offered 850 SCR, but I hesitated when I learned their internet was unreliable. While searching for Beau Vallon Villa Apartments, I encountered a couple of guys working outside who showed me another hotel called Alpha. They initially quoted 760 SCR plus the 25 SCR tax, but I managed to negotiate it down to 750 SCR.

5PM After a nap, Shebani called to inform me that her bag might be lost in Zurich. This seemed unlikely, and we later confirmed that the Ethiopian Airlines agent had been mistaken. I then spent two hours on the phone with United, discussing options for upgrading her flight. She was determined to fly business class and paid 500 EUR for the upgrade with her credit card. Afterward, I worked on the United Health partnership proposal with Julia for an hour before heading to bed. I called United again, and this time, a supervisor was able to upgrade the last leg of her flight to business class, which surprisingly couldn’t be done the previous day. He mentioned leaving notes for further review.

No comments:

Post a Comment