Sunday, December 8, 2019

November 30th, 2019 Freetown, Sierra Leone to Monrovia, Liberiia


4:30AM I woke with the mosquitoes bothering me. I played Hitman Sniper until 8AM and left for the cotton tree.



8:30AM I walked to the cotton tree and continued to walk toward Ferry Junction. I took a shared van until Ferry Junction and then another motorbike to the Kissy Ferry Terminal. I haggled and ended up getting the speedboat for 1 USD more than cost at 25,000 SLL. The speedboat took 30 minutes and then I shared a tut-tut with two women for 10,000 SLL to the airport.


Speedboat to Tagrin


12:30PM They didn't let me in until 12:30PM even though I had a ticket. I then spent the next 3 hours in the lounge. They only had sodas and Indian flavored Chip, which was pretty good.

4:45PM I arrived and hitched a ride from a couple of travelers, one from Ukraine and one from Russia. The one from Ukraine is well-traveled, a little less than me though, I believe. They said the shuttle should have been paid for by their Russian travel agency.


6PM We arrived at Corina Hotel. They wouldn't let me share the room with the Russian so I refused to pay for the shuttle which everyone thought was paid for by the travel agency. We had a stalemate and I was held against my will. I finally got done with this when I was able to reach Pepsec Shuttle company by Whatsapp. It was then forgiven and I was finally free. The Flower Chinese Restaurant was charging 80 USD for Chinese and 100 USD normally. I didn't take it and took a motorbike to find Kollie's guesthouse, which I thought was near the Christian Fellowship Church. I took a motorbike that way as I didn't know the exact location. People told me it was dangerous around. I was led to a guesthouse that I guessed was unsanitary as it was just 5 USD. The room was taken anyway so I didn't get to take a look. The old lady there asked his grandson to help me look for Kollie's guesthouse. We didn't find that but we found KTC guesthouse, which I thought was 40 USD on Kayak. But when we checked, it was 65 USD so I took the AC room for 55 USD.

No comments:

Post a Comment