Saturday, December 7, 2019

November 26th, 2019 Istanbul, Turkey to Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

6AM We arrived at Istanbul. Though the hotel was free, I had to pay for the electronic visa, 20.55 USD to get through passport control. I guess there was the possibility of taking the city tour instead but I don't think that was a better option. We waited from 7AM until 8AM for this shuttle bus to take us to the hotel.

8AM We arrived at Retaj Hotel. It took 40 minutes going to the city. I had breakfast and lunch there. The food was bad and I got about an hour of sleep before I took the shuttle back to the airport at 2PM. It took an hour and twenty minutes.

















3:20PM I finally realized it was a brand new airport. The three old lounges didn't come up on the Priority Pass Application search. I was surprised. The old airport was not bad at all. This airport is great and probably the best one I have been to.

4PM The lounge was great. I took another shower here and left around 5:20PM for the gate.

6PM I boarded for Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. It is going to be a hot city.

8PM It was actually tolerable upon arrival. I then walked for a little less than 1 kilometer before getting a motorbike to get to Hotel Kavana. A guest staying there spoke Chinese and paid for my ride. I went to bed shortly after. It was 11,000 XOF just like Booking advertised.


No comments:

Post a Comment