Sunday, December 8, 2019

November 28th, 2019 Bamako, Mali to Conakry, Guinea


6AM I woke to go to the Zoo. I first took a car wagon for free to the grand market. I then walked to the zoo from there. I spent an hour and half there. They had some lions and one elephant as the prize.




Van to the center


A very small, Nokia? phone






10:30AM I started walking back. It took a while and then hitched a ride. The driver got me pretty close for free. I then took another motorbike back. The driver stayed for a moment. I took a shower and left with him to the airport. I arrived at 12:30PM and that was way too early. They didn't let anyone in until 2:15PM. I went to the lounge. It was pretty basic. I had some fish and fruit salad. They came to grab me as I almost missed it.


Water




4:30PM The plane left for Conakry, Guinea. I was going to the twenty some USD hotel but was picked up by a Chinese guy working to get visas for other Chinese. He wanted to take me to a thirty USD room, which looked really clean. He then realized it wasn't available. I didn't want to take his fifty USD room so he hooked me up with a ten USD dorm room by another Chinese. We waited for another Chinese man and started driving. We were driving on their only highway. Traffic went both ways on one side of the road. We were stopped by two policemen and they wanted driving permit. After stalling for thirty minutes, he paid them 50,000 GNF bribery and tip to the middleman negotiating. There was a lot of traffic so we didn't get to town for another half an hour. We stopped outside of Xuehua's dorms for a second and then drove to the first guest's destination. His phone was snitched out of his hands by two men. I was made guarding the car while they went upstairs to negotiate. I waited for half an hour and the driver finally returned. We went back to Xuehua's apartment. I exchanged 20 USD with her and checked out Les Îles de Joie. It looked a little dirty. There was another foreigner there but I didn't see any food there. I went back to the dorm. I had some tea with them, took the first hot shower and went to bed at 10PM.



Main highway in Conakry, Guinea

No comments:

Post a Comment