Tuesday, October 9, 2018

September 21st, 2018 Truk, Micronesia to Majuro, Marshall Islands

6AM I woke up and took at taxi to the Blue Lagoon Resort. It was hot outside. The beach was decent. It was low tide so I was able to walk out for a while on sand.





9AM I had a Dr. Pepper at the cafe and then headed back to High Tide. The local banks didn't change PNG currency I had left.

11AM I left for Majuro, Marshall Islands.

7PM We had 3 stops before reaching Majuro. I called Joe the Airbnb host who asked me to meet him at RRE Hotel.

10PM He didn't answer after I tried calling him after dinner. I waited until 12PM and we had to start looking for something else. The manager at RRE Hotel, which had no availability anyway, drove me to Marshall Island Resort. They had no rooms either. I didn't like paying 50 USD for the local room so I kept on looking myself. There was a place behind the Chinese Supermarket called Flame Tree. They had dorm rooms and AC rooms which is equivalent to the one I didn't like just before. It was 1AM and I had no choice.





No comments:

Post a Comment