Tuesday, October 9, 2018

September 14th, 2018 Vava'u, Tonga


6AM I woke up by my 4 alarms to catch a ride to Beluga Diving. I borrowed a towel. The boat left at 7AM. Wow, it is gonna be cold.

10AM Except it was not! We didn't get down for the first singer until 10AM or so. I didn't really see anything. I think I heard myself rather than the whale.

12PM We got down again and saw part of the whale this time but it was only for a few seconds. It dove down and swam away.



1PM The best one was the one at 1PM. Apparently it was sleeping and just stayed on the surface, about 10 meters below, for most of the time. I saw it up and close when it was coming up. The next group then took over.

2PM I got back. The Chinese stores both ran out of cars. I then rented from a local for 60 TPA. Grant took me to a beach and cave. I didn't want to stay with him alone and dropped him off at his other home and went to town.






7PM I had dinner at Refuge, which was awful. I then had a drink at the tavern before heading home.


No comments:

Post a Comment