Tuesday, October 9, 2018

September 17th, 2018 Brisbane, Australia to Honiara, Solomon Islands

4AM I couldn't sleep for more than 2 hours today because of the cars and the cold. I drove around Fortitude Valley for a little bit. I got a coffee from Bellissimo for 4.3 AUD.



7AM I refueled too much gas but returned the vehicle with no issues. I checked in and got to the lounge at 8:30AM. Flight for Solomon Island departed at 10AM.




1PM I arrived. Kate, Annie's mother, wasn't there to pick me up. I got lucky. They were giving out sim cards with 60mb of data so I was able to get her number. We called her and she was able to pick me up. She sent me to town after dropping off my luggage.

TripAdvisor said the only thing worth doing here are the Bonegi dives. The Australian owner at Tulagi Dive Shop wanted 1,000 SBD. I couldn't change my money anywhere. ATM had a 45 to 75 SBD fee. 

I stopped to use the internet at Coral Sea Resort. Afterword, I got lucky finding a Chinese Restaurant who changed my money 1 USD to 8 SBD, which is great. I went to bed at 9PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment