Tuesday, October 9, 2018

September 11th, 2018 Savai'i, Samoa


5AM I arrives at the ship dock. The ferry left at 6AM. 

7:30AM I arrived at the other side. The ferry took an hour and half. I went back and forth to the market. I got a free ride back after finding out that the first bus out to the swimming with the turtles is at 9AM.



9AM I found out that I could drive a scooter around here. I took another bus to transfer to the bus that was heading toward Lano 
Beach. This was where the scooter renters were. I got there at about 10AM. The last scooter was out and the driver apparently extended it. The owner there advised me to take a taxi for 100 WST. I took it and the driver arrived in 30 minutes.

11AM We arrived at the turtle swimming sanctuary. It was 45 minutes away. Turtles were friendly.






11:30AM We started heading back. The taxi driver didn't like the deal he made by now. The 100 WST should have ended long ago. We didn't get to the blow hole until 1:00AM. I spent some time getting the coconut into the hole by myself. It looked hazardous. I gave up and had the old lady help me for 2 extra WST.

3:30PM I bought a taxi soda and chatted with an Australian couple. I was able to fall asleep on the ferry at least for 45 minutes before arriving at 5:30PM.






6PM I drove back to Seafood Gourmet. They were out of sashimi and oka. I had a seafood platter. I then had their homemade coca Samoa ice cream, which is essentially home chocolate fudge. I started driving toward To Sua.






No comments:

Post a Comment