Tuesday, November 14, 2023

October 27th, 2023 Cairo, Egypt

1AM I arrived and tried to get the boarding pass. Immigration let me pass and get to Terminal 1. However, the police there noticed that the flight was the next day and sent me back to Terminal 1. I then took an Uber to Kym Hostel. They let me sleep on the couch since they had no more beds. I took a shower and went to bed a little after 4AM.

10AM I woke and went to look for a barber. I finally found one for 100 EGP. I had the haircut and then walked back to the hostel. I then found a tailor to fix the two pants for 100 EGP. I then took an Uber to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization. Initially, they didn't give me the student ticket but asked me to try inside, where I was successful at getting in for 120 EGP.

3PM I looked at the mummies transferred here from the Valley of the Kings. They were pretty cool. I left around 5PM to go to Ibn Hamido.

5:15PM Christabel and Patrick got there a minute before me. We ordered grilled fish, 1kg of shrimp and a soup. It was pretty good although I have got to say they put too much baking soda into this one.

7PM We took an Uber to the Bazaar and Christabel bought two abayas. We then sat down at a restaurant to drink some juice before going home at around 9PM. It took me nearly an hour to get a motorbike. The last one I got I couldn't even find. I found him after giving up to walk toward the hostel. He had cancelled already but he did take me back for free since I had no more EGP on me.

10PM I got back and went to bed around 11PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment