Friday, November 10, 2023

July 1st, 2023 Moscow, Russia

00:15AM I walked to the departure level and found both S7 and Turkish Airlines were checking in. I went to grab Loic but he was waitlisted because he bought a different class ticket from some Brazilian program. I checked in and went inside the terminal. I bought a local soda for 10 TMT.

4:30AM I bought a 3 TMT snack for the last 2 TMT I had. I boarded the S7 flight to DME at 4:45AM.

6:52AM I landed in Moscow. The first text says T-Mobile gives free data and a few notifications came in. But I still couldn't connect.

7AM I changed 12 USD and went on to get a latte for some time on their internet. Guoyuan's ticket was still too much on 7/5/2023 so I didn't end up changing it. A girl from Siberia helped me pay for a train to Moscow. I then took the subway to the center of Moscow and looked for a hostel. I found Хостел ONE Кузнецкий Мост. The door was closed and no one came after ringing the bell multiple times.  I finally managed to come in with another girl who booked previously. The reception guy refused to take me and said they don't do registrations for foreigners. The girl that booked me something else close by. She assured me that they could take foreigners and I went over there.

11AM I arrived at Centrale Hostel. They did my registration and they took my 10 USD deposit. The manager said okay to exchange with me at 87 RUB/USD but I wanted to look around. After looking at both Alfa Bank and Fora Bank, which only gave 85 RUB/USD at best, I returned only to find out that the manager had left. The receptionist would not work with me and Alex who lived there exchanged all his 2400 RUB for 27 USD. He then took back 5 USD because I told him I wanted to pay for the 781 RUB that he used to pay for my stay. It ended up being 22 USD for 2181 RUB, which was close to 100 RUB per USD.

12PM I finally sorted out everything and left for the Red Square. I arrived in this country close to the Wagner group rebellion last week. The surrounding wall is large so you had to walk around to take photos of the Kremlin. I bought a couple sodas at the mall.





5PM I just really took a long while walking around the Kremlin as the area was huge. I waitlisted myself at Grand Cafe Dr. Zhivago. I only had 1000 RUB and Elen took me to exchange money at BTC Bank on the third floor of the GUM Mall. They charge a commission for less than 300 USD exchange. I refused and we went back to the restaurant.

7PM Elen and Anastasiia shared their desserts with me and I bought a borscht soup. She gave me her 1000 RUB and I gave her 10 EUR and 10 ERN. 

9PM I walked back and grabbed a couple beers for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment