Friday, November 10, 2023

June 29th, 2023 Ashgabat, Turkmenistan

3AM We arrived and had to take the mandatory PCR. I tried to pay in local currency but they only took USD because they saw that we held foreign passports. It was 31 USD. The VOA was 89 plus 14 USD in taxes and fees.

5AM We waited in the car until Taoufiq arrived about an hour later. We then went to the hotel that Franz stayed at, which we didn't know that he did. We slept in the lobby until 7:30AM. Franz let me use his shower and we all shared his gigantic breakfast with the group.

8AM We went to the old Nisa, which was just alright. We then went to the Russian Bazaar for currency exchange and lunch. Loic exchanged 40 USD at 19 TMT/USD and seemed to want to offload 20 USD of that onto me. I exchanged 10 USD at 19.3 TMT/USD but they gave me 19.5 because they didn't have 3 singles. We had coffee there at the Russian Bazaar. Loic had a haircut there for 50 TMT but the barber was angry at him and me. We couldn't understand him due to language. The manager wanted to charge me 60 TMT instead. They had lunch and then we went to pay at the office. The tour was 275 USD and I had a haircut downstairs for 50 TMT.

Nisa







3PM We then drove toward the gas crater. It took 3.5 hours to get there. We had dinner with barbeque chicken and lamb at 8PM.

9:30PM We went back to the crater after dinner before going to bed around midnight. We slept outside as the huts were too stuffy and attracted mosquitoes. It was much more pleasant outside. I still got bitten a couple of times but it wasn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment