Friday, November 10, 2023

July 3rd, 2023 Saint Petersburg, Russia

2:10AM I went to bed but woke at 1:30AM to write this blog. I had to come out of the room because I woke my bunkmate underneath working with the Google transcription. It was faster. I am finally done at 2:10AM.

6:40AM We arrived at the station, which did look like Bond's arrival at Saint Petersburg scene in Goldeneye. I walked 2 miles until I reached a coffee stop for a latte and some internet faster than my phone. I found Simply Italy for less than 600 RUB. They charged me 600 RUB regardless. I then walked to the Monument of Peter the Great, Saint Michael's Castle, and Savior on the Spilled Blood.






12PM I got to Palace Square for some pictures before looking for the bus to Peterhof. I took a metro to transfer to a train toward Petergov. I was late by 30 minutes due to poor understanding of directions and I had to wait almost an hour for the next train.

3PM I arrived at the Peterhof station. I had someone help me get there with a bus. The place is majestic.








8PM I left Peterghov and took a bus first to Avtovo, where I transferred to the metro to Ploshchad Vosstaniya. I walked from the station to Syrovarnya. I didn’t realize it was actually an Italian-themed restaurant. I had focaccia with burrata and Olivier salad with smoked salmon and medovik cake for 1820 RUB. It was too sweet.

11PM I got back to Simply Italy wet. It was raining hard. There was no one around to open the door so I asked for help from the staff from the fourth-floor hostel. She came down, called the receptionist, and found the card hidden outside to let me in. I went to bed at around 1AM. The receptionist helped me book Garden 22/2 the next day using his Russian Visa cards. Foreign credit card payments don't work here anymore since the war. with Ukraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment