Tuesday, November 14, 2023

November 5th, 2023 Aleppo, Syria

8:30AM I woke to leave to see the Old City of Aleppo. Much of it remains intact.



Aleppo Citadel


4PM We had a vegetarian lunch at a restaurant outside of the old town. I didn't like it because it was full of chickpeas.

6PM We stopped by an Orthodox Church. We then split up for shopping until rendezvous at 7PM. During this time, I only tried walking around to exchange USD to no avail.

9PM We were dropped off at a restaurant. Christabel ordered mixed grilled meat and I ordered a maria, which I had at Damascus's Gemini Restaurant. I wanted a Mortadella but they ran out for the day. I asked a kind man drinking with his friend where I could buy it nearby. He said he would call his friend. After 10 minutes, his order came and I thanked him for ordering before I left Aleppo.

11PM We went back to the hotel. The old owner was still awake and he showed me his cases and carpets. Christabel is an expert and she ended up not buying anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment