Friday, November 10, 2023

July 5th, 2023 Saint Petersburg, Russia to San Francisco, California

7:10AM I woke multiple times during the night but missed the 6:30AM time point intended. I left Garden 22/2 at 7:30AM and went to the Kazan Cathedral first. It was closed and then I went back to the Palace Square and took a few photos there. I then walked along the English Embankment before getting to St. Isaac’s Cathedral. It is closed on Wednesdays. It was really time to go so I hurried back to Palace Square. The lady who does dipping ice cream said it wouldn’t be ready for another 20 to 30 minutes, so I kept on going. I got back to Garden 22/2 and took my luggage to go to the Nevskiy Prospekt for the metro to Moskovskaya.


10:30AM I arrived at Moskovskaya. I wanted to use the Yandex credit I received yesterday but the price went higher than 500 after getting my coke. I took a bus further along the same road to get closer and after a few stops, it appeared as though the Yandex ride was going to be less than 500 RUB. I hopped off and ordered a Yandex taxi. It ended up being free.

11AM A helpful woman helped me buy an ice cream. I gave her my change and 2 USD. We boarded the flight at 11:20AM. The plane left for Istanbul at 1PM. I didn't qualify for the free hotel stay in Istanbul because there was a flight from LED to SFO through IST at 1AM on the same day. I stayed at the IGA lounge until 7AM. My flight arrived early, at 11:15AM the following morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment