Wednesday, April 20, 2022

April 16th, 2022 Algiers, Algeria

6AM I woke and Zinou woke as a result. I ordered a Yassir taxi with Zinou to the Batna bus station. I then took a bus to El Eulma at the station for 210 DZD. It took 3 hours rather than 1.5 that was anticipated. I had to take another hour long bus to Djemila, which also took twice as long as expected.

Djemila



10:30AM I arrived at Djemila. Even though perhaps not as famous as Timgad, I had a better experience there most likely due to the weather warming up during the day. 

12:10PM I left to take a bus back to El Eulma. I feel like it took longer due to more traffic. I waited 40 minutes in a shared taxi before it departed for Algiers. It was comfortable but at least it's not as cold as this morning or yesterday. 

5PM We arrived at the Algiers bus station. The lady who sat in front invited me to her taxi after I told her I was going to Casbah. Unfortunately the taxi costed more with her private driver, at 600 DZD versus what would have been 400 DZD with Yassir.

5:30PM I joined a French tour as I saw no group that had an English guide. I couldn't understand anything but at least I knew I was on the right path. I finished the tour around 6:30PM and walked along the bay until I reach Restaurant Arabesque. It was closed. A man there guided me to another restaurant for some fast food which included soup, bread, meatballs and sausage. I took a look at the hotel the man recommended next door and bargained for a night in a double bunk but with no other person for 1,400 DZD. The man working in the barbershop downstairs assured me that the tailor would be here by 10PM. I gave him my 3 pants and bargained down the price of tailoring from 2,700 DZD to 2,500 DZD.

Casbah, Algiers



Algiers center

No comments:

Post a Comment