Wednesday, April 20, 2022

April 13th, 2022 Sal, Cape Verde to Milan, Italy

7:45AM I woke and went down at 8:30 to find a French couple sitting outside with their backpacks. They were here for my apartment and I let them in to leave their bags. I went to the ATM to grab 8,000 CVE for the day and came back to start my tour. Lena, the AirBNB host, ended up sending them to another apartment without view.

9:20AM I came back to start my excursion trip. We first reached the parasurfing beach, followed by petting some baby shark at the Shark Bay.

11AM We then went to the Salinas. The entrance fee was 550 CVE. You can float on it and it is not as salty and oily as it is in the Dead Sea.

Salinas de Pedra de Lume

1PM We then went to the Blue Eye Cave. The entry fee was 330 CVE. The waves were violent today so no one jumped into the water pool.

2PM We went to eat at Gata Fish and Yacht Club. At first, I was not going have anything but I was tempted by the barnacles. They were pretty good.

Barnacles

3:30PM I got back and paid off the company. I then had an ice cream. Creperia Sol Doce was closed on Wedenesday like they claimed. George's didn't take credit card and I needed the 1,100 CVE and 1 EUR for the cab later during the night to get to the airport. I negotiated with a cab driver at Palm Beach Restaurant. I ended up going back to Americo's again.

Goose barnacles


6PM I had some goose barnacles there and some white fish for 1750 CVE. I went home and the cab was there waiting. We got to the airport in 15 minutes. The airline representative gave me a hard time for having the vaccination card without a certificate. I just pulled up my California QR code and found another man, who let me through.

SID airport

9PM I thought there was no food and drink on board and this was confirmed by the counter. So I got a coke for 2 EUR. I had to exchange 1 USD for 1 EUR at the gift shop. I found out only later that there was meal on board with drinks. There was no soda whatsoever though.


No comments:

Post a Comment