Wednesday, April 20, 2022

April 14th, 2022 Milan, Italy to Algiers, Algeria

6:30AM We arrived at Milan. Exiting was painless and I am now on a bus to central Milan.

7AM The bus took 2 hours to get to the center. It costed 10 EUR. I had to transfer to another bus to Linate Airport. It took a good hour as well. So I arrived at around 9:30 to check in. I spent 15 minutes in the lounge. The flight was delayed so I went back a second time.

10:30AM We left for Rome and arrived at 11:40AM. The layover was longer here and I boarded for Algiers at 2:40PM. I failed to recognize that I could have gone to the Plaza Premium Lounge as it no longer showed on the website for Priority Pass.

Prima Vista Lounge

3:30PM I arrived at Algiers. At customs, they stopped me for having my camera. What's more upsetting was that the guy who had my passport lost my vaccination card. When he dropped the first time, I told him to keep it inside and he dropped it again! So it is lost!

5PM I asked my AirBNB host, Zinou, to come and help me. Zinou arrived at 6PM. His brother in law's friend worked here but wasn't able to convince the customs to let me keep my camera. We left. 

7PM We then started driving to Algiers. It was raining so we couldn’t see much. The iftar that Zinou was going to take me to was happening the following week. We then went to his sister-in-law’s home for dinner. We stayed until 10PM and went out to see Algiers. We went to the theatre and Martyr’s square. We came back a little after midnight. I went to bed at midnight but they stayed up until 3 or 4AM.

National theatre

Martyrs' Memorial


No comments:

Post a Comment