Saturday, January 18, 2014

December 19th, 2013 Lijiang



9:30AM I woke late today.  I told the girl downstairs to take me up for a picture after I asked her how to say I love you in 納西.  She said she would buy me tea later.  I then left.

10AM I first took some pictures at 黑龍潭.  I heard that it costs 40 CNYs but could be had for 10 CNYs if someone local takes me through another route.  I did exactly that: stepping on some rocks to cross a stream.


11AM I started walking toward the north entrance and it took me half an hour to walk to #11 bus station.  I was told by someone to take the van instead.  I only spent 3 CNYs to get to the front door of 束河.  I took a small horse around (25 CNYs).  I was offered to go to 茶馬古道 for an additional 75 but I refused because I didn't think we had time.  Still, I found late that I could've gone to it for 80 with food and additional sights.


2PM I shared a van back for 5 CNYs.  I started walking toward 萬古樓 and spend just 5 to take pictures on top of a restaurant.









3PM I toured 木府.  I got back to her hotel but she left.  I asked the front to call her.  She told me to walk around and wait until dark.  I took another look at 黑龍潭 until 7.



















7PM I met her at 大水車.  The noodle and 汽鍋雞 were horrible.  They were bland.  I didn't buy her flowers and songs.  She made me feel like it was unnecessary

9PM We got to Bamboo Bar at 8PM. I bought her a cocktail at Bamboo.  She is quite pleasant and kind, slightly traditional.  She is traditional but clever and righteous.  She says she sees many tourist and obviously, everything is unrealistic.

9:30 I kissed her on the cheek and said farewell.  I walked to the southern gate, which was far and a mistake.  There was no sharing so I paid 30 CNYs myself.   I barely made it at 10:40PM.


10:55PM The train left and I had a fever all night.  This was the cause for my cough and consequently, hernia.

No comments:

Post a Comment