Saturday, January 18, 2014

December 14th, 2013 Bagan

5:30AM I woke my roommate with all the noise.  I took off around 5:30AM with my electric bike.  It was very cold in the morning but I met several Hong Kong photographers, one of whom lent me his Cokin graduated filter, which made night and day differences.







11AM Temples here require you to take your shoes off before entering.  That was so annoying especially when you have to do it at every temple.  I went to several temples before coming back to New Bagan for something to drink and exchange.  I did it at Bagan House.  They gave me 9650 MMKs instead of 9660 MMKs because they didn't have 10 MMKs notes.










12PM Midday was really hot I couldn't bare my feet on the temple.











4PM I finally started to negotiate for the sand paintings.  I saw them earlier.  They were pretty interesting.  No one would come down on their prices. I tried taking a nap at the biggest temples because I was about to fall asleep standing.  I got may be 20 minutes on the floor.  I finally paid 6 MMKs for the gold one.  I missed the sunset by a minute!  Let hope the morning pictures were good.  Before I left, I bought another painting for 25 USDs (Some painter told me they are worth 3500 and 5000 MMKs respectively.


7PM I returned the bike.  The owner let me use his shower.  I am waiting here for the bus to depart at 9:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment